$350 + $50 Big Stack No Limit Hold'em (Re-Entry)
After a lengthy heads-up match against Bob Horan, Pearce Arnold survives to take down Event 5 and capture the whopping $81,182 first place prize along with the coveted Borgata trophy.
Another marathon lasting 21 hours and finishing up in style by our two poker gladiators.
Pearce was stacked all day after gambling with 9-10 and flushing out early. "My favorite hand was when I flopped a set of fours from the small blind." Pearce checked all three streets and got his opponent to jam with complete air. He took down a 1.1 million pot there and never looked back.
The 1,087 field was sprinkled with Borgata regulars such as David "Cold Stone" Inselberg, Austen Johnson, Alan Kraut, Eli Lowenthal, Mario Rodriguez, Steve Ryan, and 3rd Place finisher for $29,523, Steve Dannenmann.
Event 5 kicked off at 11am in the Event Center and more than tripled the $100,000 guarantee Borgata presented, generating a $380,450 prize pool.
Tatyana Mezhikovskaya from New York City got her slice of the pie - she was the Last Woman Standing and went on to finish 15th for $3,137.
But once again congratulations to a man who truly loves poker, Pearce Arnold, our big winner taking home $81,182 for his one day's worth of work. This is Arnold's largest Borgata cash to date.
1. Pearce Arnold (Washington, DC) - $81,182
2. Bob Horan (Bristow, VA) - $48,787
3. Steve Dannenmann (Baltimore, MD) - $29.523
4. Jason Rubin (New York, NY) - $24,725
5. Manny Jannes (Cold Spring Hill, NY) - $20,297
6. James Reisman (Southington, CT) - $16,472
7. Daniel Wach (Boonton, NJ) - $13,101
8. Albert Truong (Flushing, NY) - $9,964
9. Charles Carver (Wilmington, NC) - $6,827
10. Bryan Schultz (Carpentersville, IL) - $4,428